Friday, January 11, 2013

Giving Obama his credit when due

I have recently hired three workers and expect to hire at least a couple more in the next month or two. As much as I would like to take credit for this success that would not be fair. In large part, just like Obama said, I did not build this.

Myriad regulations and notices have scared employers into hiring a new company I created called Compliance & Regulation Administrators to assist them in staying out of trouble.

New laws treating a company with 49 workers different then one with 51 has created a booming market in counting employees, or equivalent employees, or seasonal unless they aren't seasonal based on a self selected standard measurement period employees.

Expensive new coverage requirements like unlimited lifetime maximums, minimum essential benefits, and "free" preventative care have driven employers to me searching for alternative and affordable ways to fund these mandates. 

These are just a few of the ways Obama helped me build this. And for that, with just a slight touch of sincerity, I would like to thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment